Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sky-High Santa



The Space Needle is perhaps the most famous Seattle landmark and one I had resigned to never going up because they charge you $15/person to go to the top (for a ride that is not nearly as cool as say the St. Louis arch) but a local home builder was giving passes for four to anyone who donated food to their drive. I donated three times (or rather broke up one large donation into three smaller ones) in case we had time to go up when Ben's family was in town for Thanksgiving. We didn't so we were able to share some passes with friends and even a few strangers.

We have had unusually sunny winter weather here (freezing, but sunny - a fair trade as far as I'm concerned) so we knew we would have good views and we wanted to catch the sunset (which is pretty much 4:15 this time of year) to maximize our visual pleasure. A bonus was that Santa and his Space Elves were at the top ready to hear the kids secret desires for Christmas. I brought two cameras with me but batteries were out on both (I thought this might be the case so I even had at least a dozen batteries in my case and I'm sure I looked idiotic trying one combo of batteries after another to no avail. Santa can bring me a new pack of rechargeable batteries if he is listening) so I missed the most precious picture in the world of the kids beaming while sitting in Santa's Spaceship. Trust me, it was darling. But not darling enough for me to pay $20 to pay for it. Or even darling enough for Ben to let us stand in line to even view it (Santa can bring him patience). Avery told Santa that she wanted a Barbie (I was really really hoping it wasn't $150 Biscuit the Dog again this year because it would be a shame to not get what you wanted two years in a row. A Barbie we can swing.) Miles asked for socks. Done.



They also got to decorate little spaceship sugar cookies with frosting and candies so we defiantly got our money's worth on this adventure.



















photos of family, city and sunset by Meka Manchak.

No comments: