Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Short Cut



Time for my bi-annual hair cut and attempt at redoubling my efforts regarding appearance. Instead of continuing the constant creep toward a short-cut I just went for it this time. I had originally planned to either go darker and keep it long or blonder and shorter but I ended up with the above.
Considering that sunny days are supposedly few and far between here (I haven't felt that way...yet) and with the chance that a ray of light would actually catch my glowing streaks growing more slim - I also said aloha to highlights and opted to return to a darker hue. As hapened when I had "gone dark" once before, and despite my requests not to have it turn out red - it is very reddish at times - think Eastern-Bloc affinity for reddish dye red. In the picture it doesn't appear so and even though this was taken at the salon on the day it was cut, I think it is shorter than the picture shows also. Probably because my hair bends and shrinks in the moisture. Speaking of moisture, although I am not known for fabulous hair styles, the before picture is particularly hideous because a) it was raining outside and b) the owner or the salon gave my head a good ruffle to make it look even worse.

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Lynn I love it! I bet it'll be so much easier for you... No more tangles, yah know!

sara said...

all i have to say is thank you for cutting your hair. it looks so much better.

Erick & Norma said...

Love the new shorter hairdo, it looks great!

Ashley Locke said...

Oh it's so cute! I am definitely getting my hair chopped asap! I love yours!

Pattersons said...

super cute lynn!

Unknown said...

I really didn't think the before picture was you! Your hair was long! Glad you chopped it... looks great!

JMK said...

Oh, sure she did! ha ha ha

Kimi said...

That's too funny lynn - i chopped mine off on Dec 30th - shorter thans yours!