Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kiddie Couture





Hey Salary.com - get ready to add fashion designer to the list of jobs that need to be included in my salary. Avery asked me if I could help her make a dress for her poor naked doll (it is Erica the pauper from Barbie's Princess and the Pauper after all) and dress her we did. Finally a good use for all of those pieces of felt I've been saving to make a quiet book with! We also made a cape and some jewelery for her as well - finally a good use for the hundred lbs of beads I have under my bed - Tami what are you doing with yours?

A. hated the bow on the cape by the way - who does she think she is - Nina Garcia? I'm surprised I wasn't auffed (as in auf Wiedersehen) right then and there.

9 comments:

sara said...

project runway starts in july, you should put in your application.

Lynn said...

well i won't be winning any awards for photography ...sorry to all who have to endure blurry photos until I get my not-so-waterproof waterproof camera back from the shop.

Kathleen Ainsworth said...

I love reading your blog. It always makes me laugh and wish we lived closer!

Unknown said...

If they had a barbie project runway you would totally win! Nice job!

Heidi said...

such endless talents Lynn! amazing..

Tami said...

My beads... I think they're packed up in storage somewhere. I still find myself being drawn to beads everywhere I go. I'm like a bead magnet; fortunately for Joseph I've been resisting. I was just thinking about Ben's comment the other day about bead shops being a cover for drug stores. Then you met me and we put him straight. Funny Ben tell him hi, and your kids. I miss you guys.

Paola said...

That is VERY cute! Next time my sister and Miranda ask for doll couture I'll know who to call!

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Oooh! Look at you two all glammin' it up! Apparel and Textiles BS, tell Avery they'll be waiting for her...:)

Jennie said...

Looks great Lynn. I'm surprised Avery let her shoulders show. Did she have a boy barbie named Nathan there to show her shoulders to?