Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Just what I always wanted.

I got a lot of cute things for my b-day from various friends and family members. I didn't get anything I didn't like but Ben gets the award for...well...i'm not sure what for but he deserves something. I told him a few weeks ago not to get me anything as I counted our trip to Kaua'i as gift enough, but I guess 30 was a big enough deal (not to mention he was going to have an audience when I opened his presents) for him to "go all out". I got a very nice flower arrangement which included stargazer lilies which made up my wedding bouquet. 2 points for attention to detail. I think the last time I got flowers from him was when he was on his mission and sent money to his mom to have some sent to me...I'm not sure this behavior is allowed or encouraged on your mission but it was sweet.


Attached to the flowers were a couple of gift cards. One was from Ann Taylor and one for Nordstrom and if I was to believe the card accompanying it,they carried a balance of $1,000,000.00. Wow! I'm not sure that's exactly where I would spend one million if I had it but thank you. Since he knows I like to read he took some time to find me a special book by Dr. Laura - The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands. Thank you again. The last thing I got to unwrap from him (or as the card said, from Miles) was a package of Spanx (one size too large - despite the height/weight chart on the back- which makes the error that much worse). He's lucky that I find him irresistibly funny and have a remarkable sense of humor. And that he kept the receipt. So make that $1,000,030.00 I have to spend.


4 comments:

Kathleen Ainsworth said...

I wish I could have been there for all of the fun! Sounds like you got some great gifts.

The Jones--trying to keep up said...

Lynn--I've read that book! Adri gave it to me for Christmas two years ago and I figured I'd might as well. It was better than I thought it would be. The title needs a little help though.:) Happy happy birthday to you--I wish we could've been there too.

Tami said...

I've heard it's a good book too. You'll have to let us all know. I saw you put you HAVE to spend the 1,000,030...didn't you mean GET to spend? That's impressive of Ben to get Loft gift cards. I can't tell you how many times I've hint dropped to Joseph about getting me gift cards there. Pretty impressive. I wish I could have been there.

Ryan Amber and Family said...

HEy thanks for calling

Love ya lots