Just another day in Paradise.

Just another day in Paradise.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Apparently Avery didn't get the memo about my current salary, but I did get a lovely card, handprint and decorated dollar for Mothers Day. Accompanied by the "bestest, most tightest hug you've ever had". The flowers came from our current guests who graciously gave Ben credit for them when they realized they had just upstaged his non-gift. But since he started a 30-hour ICU shift early that morning he gets a pass. Not to mention the fact that I'm not his mother.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yeah, you're not Ben's mom. Just like my mother-in-law AND step-mother-in-law aren't my moms. But I feel like leaving them empty-handed reflects badly on me. I decided to get over it, though. I do something nice for my mom, and leave the handling of the in-laws to their own son. After all, they should be sending me something for being the mom to their grandkids, right?